Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Is this finishing a race?

Yesterday was the Boston Marathon and the conditions were tough. A lot of people had a hard time finishing the race. Some where carried across the line. Is this finishing the race? Or a DNF?

Personally I would rather take the DNF than finish this way. I would not consider myself a finisher if I where carried in this fashion across the line. Some feel differently. I stand by my choice after taking some abuse for voicing my opinion on facebook. I've already told my wife if I collapse before the line at Ironman to leave me be. Should I choose to be carried, take me to the medical tent not the finish line.

And another thing as long as I'm on a rant. Isn't this Boston? The elites of the sport? There really shouldn't be any first timers at this race.

1 comment: